Do you want to scale your online business by hiring virtual assistants, marketers, accountants, and more? You may be wondering where you should look to find those remote workers. A number of marketplaces are dedicated to connecting virtual workers with businesses of all sizes. Whether you’re looking for a content writer or a marketing manager, this article will give you insider knowledge on the top sites to hire remote staff members on.
Top Places To Hire Talents Remotely
Remote hiring is fast, cost-effective and a great alternative to traditional hiring methods, especially for small businesses. Without a doubt, it’s an excellent opportunity for businesses of all sizes and industries to find quality hires who are excited about working remotely instead of the old standard office environment setup.
But like with any other hiring process, remote hiring requires careful planning and implementation in order to reduce risks and achieve results.
The hiring funnel will help you present your brand in the best possible light: It can be used as part of your remote hiring strategy or as stand-alone process, depending on your needs. However, it’s not easy to build one.
You can avoid much of the funnel building and HR headaches of remote workers of almost any kind—no matter what type of business you have or what roles you need filled, by avoiding the biggest hiring mistake and using any of the following sites.
Top 3 Places to Hire Writers:
- Upwork – With over 12 million freelancers from all over the world, Upwork is one of the largest online platforms for finding writers. You can post your job description and receive applications from a pool of talented writers with a variety of skills and experience levels.
- Fiverr – Fiverr is another popular platform for hiring writers. You can search for writers by niche, level of expertise, and price range. Plus, Fiverr offers a Pro service for more complex writing projects, which guarantees top-quality work.
- ProBlogger – ProBlogger is a platform that connects businesses with experienced writers for their blog content needs. The platform offers a job board where you can post your writing job and receive applications from top-notch writers with niche expertise.
Top 3 Places to Hire VAs:
- Onlinejobs.ph – Onlinejobs.ph is a popular platform for finding virtual assistants from the Philippines. You can browse through thousands of profiles of skilled VAs and hire them directly. Plus, the platform offers various features such as automatic timesheets and productivity tracking to ensure you get the best value for your money. It has a good reputation, and it’s free!
Best of all, you’ll find a lot of people posting their resumes or applying for positions.
- Time etc – Time etc is a UK-based platform that provides high-quality virtual assistants for busy entrepreneurs and small businesses. You can hire assistants with specific skills such as marketing, social media management, customer support, and more.
- Belay Solutions – Belay Solutions is a US-based platform that provides virtual assistants for a variety of business needs. They offer a team-based approach to virtual assistance, with each client being assigned a dedicated team to ensure consistent and efficient service.
Top 3 Places to Find Ops Talent:
- Remote.co – Remote.co is a platform that connects businesses with remote workers across a variety of roles, including operations. The platform offers a curated list of remote job opportunities and a directory of companies that hire remote staff, making it easy to find top-notch ops talent. We have found it to be similar in price and results to weworkremotely. Customers of FlexJobs qualify for a discount for this platform.
Remote.co’s mission is to help people find their ideal work situation through their extensive database of jobs or by networking with other professionals in the industry. The site also offers career advice from experts such as Grant Cardone (author of 10x Rule) and Maria Thomas (founder of The Rebel Entrepreneur).
- Working Nomads – Working Nomads is a job board that curates remote job postings from all over the internet, including operations roles. You can browse through the job listings or sign up for email alerts to receive new job openings straight to your inbox.
- We Work Remotely – We Work Remotely is a popular job board for remote work opportunities, including operations roles. The platform offers a wide range of remote job listings from companies all over the world, making it easy to find the right role for your business needs.
It is a good option for technical and support positions – you pay per opening plus for getting more visibility.
You can use WeWorkRemotely.com to also hire developers or designers for your project, or if you’re looking for someone who’s good at marketing or admin work. They even have an option called “Generalist” which means the person has experience in a variety of different areas so they are suitable for any type of job role within the business. There is a higher cost per applicant but you get better qualified applicants to review.
Whether you need writers, VAs, marketers, or any other type of remote worker, these platforms have got you covered.
LinkedIn has a large pool of talent, so you’re likely to find someone who’s a good fit. The best overall ad option is LinkedIn (we’ve used it for pretty much all of our postings). Paid ads let you choose budget and duration, as well as what positions to target. Cost per applicant is usually cheaper than some other sites.
I recommend Angel.co for posting ops jobs. It’s free and easy to use. In order to gain access to more advanced features you have to subscribe.
Angel.co is a curated platform for startups and investors. For anyone interested in working with a startup, this is definitely a place to look. The good news? It offers plenty of opportunities for hiring freelancers and other remote workers.
Besires, if your goal is to get funding for your startup venture or if you’re looking to invest in someone else’s ideas, Angel.co is an excellent resource. As its name implies, this platform connects entrepreneurs with investors who are willing to support their ventures financially—and that includes people who work remotely!
RemoteHub.com is a job board that specializes in finding jobs for developers, designers and marketers. It’s a great resource for finding remote workers in tech.
If you’re looking to hire a developer or designer, then this is also a good place to look. The other thing that makes Remote Hub unique is its focus on marketing roles. The Remote Hub website allows you to post free of charge. If an employee is hired through the site, you will be charged a 10% fee.
4. Job Score
Job Score is a great place to find remote workers for your business. You can post jobs, browse listings and hire employees on this platform. Jobscore has a variety of jobs available, which makes it easy to find the perfect person for your business. They also have a great reputation, so this is one of the best sites if you want to hire remote staff members or other experts in your field.
The great thing about jobscore is that it allows you to post one active job listing for free (which includes paying candidates). After that there are subscription plans available, but they are very affordable compared with other similar sites
Indeed.com is a job search engine that can help you find the perfect employee.
Candidates can search for jobs by location, keyword and company name. They can also narrow their search to include jobs by title, salary and category or sort them by date posted, so take extra time in preparing your job ad description to make sure you attract more eyeballs.
In addition to searching for open positions on Indeed’s career site itself, candidates can use the search engine to look for remote work opportunities on other websites and job boards that partner with Indeed to share their listings there as well – including Stack Overflow Careers, Simply Hired and Glassdoor’s website!
The platform allows you to post a variety of job openings (locally or remotely, but not globally),
You have free access for one job posting, after that you can decide on the cost and duration of the paid service. Currently, we find LinkedIn the be the better option.
If you are seeking non-technical jobs, flexjobs.com may be a more cost-effective option than remote.co.
As its name suggests, FlexJobs is a job board specifically for telecommuting and flexible schedule jobs. The site lists thousands of these types of opportunities in multiple categories ranging from accounting to web development and beyond.
In addition to providing a wide variety of remote jobs, FlexJobs also helps applicants find the right position by supplying them with tools and resources to stand out during their application process.
Powertofly.com is more expensive and less effective than other sites. It is worth considering if you’re searching for diversity.
The site features listings for administrative assistants, accountants, customer service representatives, developers and project managers as well as many other roles.
HireMyMom.com offers a relatively inexpensive service, but the results aren’t that great.
HireMyMom.com offers a wide range of services, including virtual assistants, writers, social media managers and more. They have a large pool of workers that includes people from all over the world — they’ll even connect you with someone who speaks your language if necessary!
Their reputation is good and their selection of workers is diverse and average quality.
Justremote.co‘s costs are generally lower but the results are less impressive than hiring from Upwork or Fiverr.
We’ve used the Philippines job boards before, and they’re worth keeping in mind if you want something cheaper than Upwork or Fiverr (or if you just want to try something new).
It’s also a great place to find writers and virtual assistants who can help you with marketing and other tasks.
Jobstreet.com is a leading online recruitment site in Asia, with over 2 million job seekers and over 20 million unique visitors monthly. Jobstreet is the home of the best jobs in Asia, with more than 300,000 companies hiring on JobStreet.
It allows free job postings, but you need an Asian business registration.
JobstreetJobStreet was founded by a team of highly motivated individuals who wanted to create an online marketplace for employers and job seekers to connect with each other. From its humble beginnings as a free classifieds board, JobStreet has grown into one of the largest online recruitment sites in Asia with over two million registered members (and counting).
Workello has a large pool of highly skilled and experienced remote professionals from all over the world, allowing businesses to find the right talent for their specific needs. The platform is user-friendly and easy to use, making it simple for businesses to find and hire the right remote talent quickly and efficiently. Besides, Workello has a rigorous screening process and provides ongoing support to ensure that businesses receive the high-quality service they expect.
Behance.net is a great platform for hiring staff due to its focus on showcasing creative portfolios. It allows job seekers to highlight their skills and experience in a visually engaging way, making it easy for employers to quickly find the right individual for the job.
It also allows employers to search for professionals in specific industries and narrow down the list of potential candidates. This makes it easier to find the right person for the job without having to spend time combing through a large list of applicants.
Glassdoor.com is a great platform for hiring staff because Glassdoor provides an inside look into the salaries and benefits of different companies, so employers can make better decisions when it comes to hiring. Additionally, Glassdoor has ratings and reviews from previous employees, so employers can get an idea of how well that particular company treats its employees. This can be a great tool for employers looking to hire reliable and quality employees.
Jobble.org has a powerful search engine that allows employers to quickly filter through thousands of job postings to find the perfect fit for their team. Additionally, Jooble also has a wide range of job categories, allowing employers to narrow down their search even further.
Craigslist.org provides a wide range of job postings from all over the world, allowing employers to search for specific skills and backgrounds. Furthermore, employers can post their job postings on the platform and get responses from potential candidates quickly.
Monster.com has a large and active user base, which numbers in the millions. It is a popular job search website that offers employers the ability to post job openings and find potential hires. Employers can search for potential hires based on specific criteria such as location, salary range, and experience. Furthermore, Monster also provides employers with insights into the job market and allows them to better understand the hiring process.
Kijiji.ca it is one of the largest online classifieds websites in Canada. The platform has a wide range of job postings and employers can post job openings for free. Employers can also search for qualified candidates based on their skills and experience. The platform also allows employers to reach a wider audience and find qualified talent quickly and easily.
The platform Handshake designed specifically to connect employers with the right young talent. It provides recruiters with an easy-to-use job board that allows them to post jobs and search for the best candidates, usually recent graduates. It also has an extensive network of talent that can be accessed quickly and easily. With JoinHandshake, employers can also filter and customize their search to find the perfect fit.
Gumtree.com has a comprehensive job board that allows employers to post jobs and search for the best candidates. This platform also has a vast network of professionals from different industries, allowing employers to quickly find the right person for the job. Additionally, Gumtree provides employers with a range of resources, such as interview tips, job descriptions, and more, to help them make the best hiring decisions.
Jobscore.com offers a wide range of features to help employers find the right candidate for their job. It has an intuitive search engine that allows employers to quickly filter through the list of qualified candidates and select the most suitable one for their position. Additionally, it has a user-friendly interface, which makes it easier for employers to review and select candidates. Moreover, its comprehensive tracking system allows employers to monitor the progress of their hiring process.
With a vast network of job seekers, wide range of features, and detailed analytics dashboards, BloggingPro.com/jobs makes the hiring process easier and more efficient.
It has a more focused approach on digital marketing and content creation, allowing employers to quickly and easily find the right candidate for any creative position. The platform enables employers to post detailed job descriptions and even provides a portfolio of example work from potential applicants.
Careerjet.com offers employers a wide range of recruitment services and tools. Employers can post job openings, search for qualified candidates, and even manage all of their recruitment activities, from sourcing to hiring. With its easy-to-navigate platform, employers can quickly search for qualified candidates and filter through the results.
Jobgurus.com.ng provides an easy-to-use interface for job seekers to find open job listings and opportunities in various industries, including accounting, marketing, healthcare, and more. Additionally, Jobgurus offers employers the ability to advertise their job listings and reach a vast pool of job seekers.
One of the notable features of Jobgurus is its focus on providing localized job search results. The platform caters to specific regions within Nigeria, including Lagos, Abuja, Port Harcourt, and more.
Bossjob.ph is a job board that operates in the Philippines, catering to both job seekers and employers. The platform has a focus on mid-level and executive job positions, making it an ideal platform for businesses searching for skilled professionals in these positions.
Bossjob.ph offers various features to job seekers, such as job alerts, salary estimates, and company reviews. Bossjob.ph has established partnerships with various local universities and organizations, which enables it to reach a broader audience and provide job opportunities to students and fresh graduates.
25. Dynamite Jobs
Dynamite Jobs is an online job board that specializes in remote job opportunities. The platform is designed to connect remote job seekers with companies offering remote job positions across various industries. Dynamite Jobs has a curated selection of job postings that are vetted for quality, making it easier for job seekers to find opportunities that match their skills and interests.
Encuentra24.com is a popular online classifieds platform that primarily serves Latin America, offering job listings across various industries and regions. The platform was founded in Panama in 2005 and has since expanded to several other countries in Central and South America, including Costa Rica, Nicaragua, and Honduras.
Encuentra24.com is known for its user-friendly interface and has become a go-to destination for both employers and job seekers in the region. The platform offers job listings across different categories, including customer service, sales, marketing, accounting, and administration, among others.
JobBox is an online platform that provides job search and recruitment services to job seekers and businesses respectively. The platform offers a user-friendly interface, making it easy for job seekers to search and apply for jobs in their desired industries and locations. Job seekers can create a profile and upload their resume, making it easier for recruiters to find them.
28. My Job Helper
MyJobHelper is an online platform designed to help recruiters find candidates quickly and easily. It provides a range of features and tools that can streamline the recruitment process, such as job posting and distribution, resume search, applicant tracking, and email campaigns.
Recruiters can post jobs to MyJobHelper’s job board, which is accessed by millions of job seekers.
(Formerly Neuvoo) Talent.com is a popular online job platform that operates globally, providing job seekers with a vast database of job opportunities and employers with an efficient way to find and hire talent.
Talent.com operates in over 80 countries and offers access to millions of job listings across various industries, including IT, healthcare, engineering, and finance. The platform uses advanced search algorithms to match job seekers with relevant job opportunities based on their skills, experience, and location.
30. Pitch Me
PitchMe is a UK-based platform that helps job seekers showcase their skills to potential employers by creating a “Career Score.” This score is calculated based on the job seeker’s skills, education, work experience, and other factors that are relevant to the job they are seeking. The Career Score provides a quick and easy way for employers to assess a candidate’s suitability for a role and helps job seekers identify areas for improvement.
One of the unique features of PitchMe is that it allows job seekers to complete challenges related to the job they are seeking. These challenges are created by employers and provide job seekers with an opportunity to demonstrate their skills and knowledge. Employers can review the results of these challenges and use them as part of their hiring process.
Adzuna is a job search engine that aggregates job listings from thousands of websites, including job boards, company career pages, and recruitment agencies, to provide job seekers with a comprehensive and user-friendly job search experience. Founded in 2011, Adzuna operates in over 16 countries, including the United States, United Kingdom, Canada, and Australia, and has millions of job listings available on its platform.
One of the unique features of Adzuna is its ValueMyCV tool, which analyzes job seekers’ resumes and provides an estimated value of their skills and experience in the current job market. Adzuna also offers a Salary Stats feature, which provides job seekers with an insight into the average salaries for various job roles and locations.
VIVAHR is a cloud-based applicant tracking and recruitment software designed to help small and medium-sized businesses manage their hiring process. The platform offers various features such as job postings, resume tracking, interview scheduling, and onboarding tools. VIVAHR’s intuitive user interface enables users to easily create job listings and publish them on multiple job boards, including Indeed and ZipRecruiter. The software also provides tools to track applicant progress and manage interview schedules, helping recruiters stay organized and efficient.
ZipRecruiter is an online platform that enables employers to post job listings and reach out to potential candidates easily. The platform has a vast pool of job seekers, and its AI-powered matching algorithm ensures that employers can find the right candidates for their job postings. With ZipRecruiter, employers can post job listings across multiple job boards and social media platforms simultaneously, thereby increasing the chances of finding suitable candidates.
34. Standard Resume
StandardResume is an online platform that allows users to create a professional-looking resume in minutes. It offers an easy-to-use interface, where users can enter their work experience, education, and skills. The platform uses a template-based approach that makes it easy for users to create a visually appealing and well-structured resume without requiring any design or technical skills.
One of the unique features of StandardResume is its integration with various job search websites and applicant tracking systems (ATS). Users can easily export their resume to multiple job boards, such as Indeed, LinkedIn, and Glassdoor.
Mondjo.com is a job platform that is focused on Africa. It offers job listings for various roles across different industries such as finance, marketing, education, healthcare, and more. The platform aims to help employers find skilled professionals and job seekers find career opportunities in their respective fields.
One of the unique features of Mondjo.com is its focus on African markets. The platform has a presence in countries such as Ivory Coast, Cameroon, Senegal, and Mali, and provides a localized job search experience for job seekers in those regions. The platform also offers resources and advice for job seekers, such as tips on job interviews and resume writing.
CanadaJobs is a popular online job board that connects Canadian employers with job seekers across various industries. The platform offers a wide range of job listings, including those for virtual assistants and marketing professionals.
For businesses looking to hire virtual assistants, CanadaJobs offers a variety of options. They can browse through the virtual assistant job listings to find skilled professionals with experience in administrative tasks, customer service, data entry, and more. Employers can also post their job openings and receive applications from qualified candidates directly. Additionally, CanadaJobs offers access to their resume database, which allows businesses to search for and contact potential candidates directly.
FreelancerMap is a popular online platform that connects freelancers with clients across Europe. It offers a variety of job opportunities, including software development, project management, and digital marketing. FreelancerMap’s user-friendly interface allows clients to post job offers and freelancers to create their profiles, showcase their skills, and search for suitable jobs.
One of the key benefits of FreelancerMap is its focus on the European market. The platform caters to businesses and freelancers from countries such as Germany, Austria, Switzerland, and the UK, making it an excellent option for businesses looking to work with freelancers based in these regions. FreelancerMap also offers various tools and resources to help freelancers and businesses streamline their work, such as project management tools, invoicing software, and payment gateways.
ZonaJobs is a popular job board in Argentina, offering job listings across various industries, including finance, technology, marketing, and more. The platform is designed to help job seekers find suitable job openings while providing employers with a wide range of recruitment solutions.
ZonaJobs offers both free and paid job posting options, and businesses can create company profiles, post job listings, and receive applications from candidates. The platform also provides features like resume search, applicant tracking, and email notifications, making the recruitment process easier and more efficient.
39. College Recruiter
For those looking to tap into the talent pool of students and recent graduates, College Recruiter is a great option. It specializes in entry-level jobs and internships for students and graduates, making it an ideal platform for employers seeking to hire fresh talent. College Recruiter also offers a variety of recruitment solutions such as job postings, targeted email campaigns, and virtual career fairs.
There are a plethora of online platforms available to help businesses find the right professionals and job seekers connect with potential employers.
- Anca: Anca is a job board for remote and flexible job opportunities across various industries, including technology, customer service, and administrative roles.
- AngelList: AngelList is a platform that connects start-ups and investors with developers, designers, and other technical professionals. The platform is also useful for finding jobs in sales, marketing, and other business roles.
- AsiaRemoteJobs: AsiaRemoteJobs is a job board that connects job seekers with remote job opportunities in Asia.
- EuroJobs: EuroJobs is a job board for job seekers looking for opportunities across Europe. The platform offers listings in various categories, including finance, marketing, and engineering.
- FreelanceMap: FreelanceMap is a job board for freelancers across various categories, including writing, programming, and design.
- Google Jobs: Google Jobs is a job search engine that aggregates job listings from various job boards and company websites.
- Heirizon.com: Heirizon.com is a platform that connects businesses with virtual assistants and remote workers across various industries.
- HotNigerianJobs: HotNigerianJobs is a job board that connects job seekers with job opportunities in Nigeria.
- Humans of University: Humans of University is a job board for students and recent graduates seeking internships, entry-level jobs, and freelance work across various industries.
- JobCase: JobCase is a platform that connects job seekers with potential employers and provides resources for job search, including resume tips, career advice, and job alerts.
- JobFinderPH: JobFinderPH is a job board for job seekers looking for opportunities in the Philippines.
- Jobisite: Jobisite is a platform that aggregates job listings from various job boards and company websites across various categories, including IT, engineering, and sales.
- JobIsland: JobIsland is a job board for job seekers looking for opportunities in the Caribbean and the surrounding islands.
- JobScore: JobScore is a recruiting platform that enables businesses to post job listings, manage candidates, and streamline the hiring process.
- JobsinNetwork: JobsinNetwork is a job board that offers job listings across various industries in multiple countries across Europe and the Americas.
- Jora: Jora is a job search engine that aggregates job listings from various job boards and company websites across multiple categories and countries.
- JournalismJobs: JournalismJobs is a job board that connects journalists and media professionals with job opportunities across various media industries.
- Learn4Good: Learn4Good is a job board that offers job listings in various categories, including education, IT, and healthcare, across multiple countries.
- Prospect100: Prospect100 is a platform that connects businesses with entry-level job seekers across various industries, including marketing, finance, design, and creative roles.
- Remo: Remo is a remote work platform that offers a suite of tools for businesses to manage their remote workforce. The platform offers features like video conferencing, team collaboration tools, and project management software to enable businesses to work seamlessly with their remote employees.
- Remotar-Brazil: Remotar-Brazil is a job board that focuses on remote job opportunities in Brazil. The platform offers job listings across various industries, including technology, marketing, design, and more.
- RemoteJob.global: RemoteJob.global is a job board that offers remote job opportunities across the world. The platform features job listings across various industries, including customer service, marketing, design, and more.
- RemoteLane.com: RemoteLane.com is a job board that offers remote job opportunities across various industries, including customer service and marketing. The platform offers features like job alerts, resume upload, and job matching.
- Stanford: Stanford University offers a job board that features job listings across various industries, including technology, marketing, and more. The platform aims to connect Stanford alumni with job opportunities.
- Taledo: Taledo is a job board platform that offers features like applicant tracking, video interviews, and candidate screening. It is good for finding talents in technology and marketing.
- Telecommute-Jobs: Telecommute-Jobs is a job board that focuses on remote job opportunities across various industries, including customer service, marketing, and more. The platform offers features like job alerts and resume upload.
Social media platforms such as Facebook Jobs and Twitter are also popular options for businesses and job seekers alike. They offer a vast pool of job listings and enable recruiters to find potential candidates quickly.
These platforms offer businesses and job seekers a wide range of remote job opportunities across various industries.
Now, Can You Find Your Candidate?
Even though there are thousands of remote job boards out there, these are my favorite ones. We’ve personally used each site, and they all have their pros and cons. Some sites may not be right for your specific business needs, but hopefully you can find one that works best for what you’re looking for!
Whether you need to cut costs by employing people who are willing to work from home or you’re starting a new business that doesn’t require you to be on site every day (like freelance marketing), it’s important to know where the best places are to find all the different types of remote workers you could ever want.
Your team may be small for now, but as your business grows so will the demands on your time and attention. Even if you have all the skills in-house to hire remote staff, hiring temporary or contract workers lets you grow without adding permanent employees.
What are your favorite platforms for finding professional remote workers?